The Wallowa Mountain Quilters' Guild was formed in 1991 by a small group of local quilters whose love for quilting prompted them to form a local organization with the following goals:
We will accomplish the above goals by:
The Wallowa Mountain Quilters' Guild Constitution and Bylaws.
– Article 1. Name: The name of the guild shall be Wallowa Mountain Quilters' Guild.
– Article 2. Objective:
To raise the public awareness of the ancient art form of quilting and revive public interest in this art form. To preserve and celebrate the tradition of quilt making. To increase knowledge of and appreciation for modern quilting methods. To provide an inexpensive avenue for quilters to display their craft. To facilitate an exchange of ideas, techniques, patterns and creativity among quilters. To encourage mutual participation of local quilters and reward outstanding achievement.
– Article 3. Membership and Dues:
– Section I. Any person interested in the objective for which the Guild was formed and
who pays the annual dues is eligible to become a member of the Guild.
– Section 11. The annual dues shall be $20.00 per year, payable in September. For new
members joining after February 1st , the fee will be prorated at the rate of $1.25
– Article 4. Meetings:
Regular meetings shall be held the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM. Special meetings may be called at any time. 51% of the members shall constitute a quorum for transaction of business at any Guild meeting. Meetings shall be governed by Roberts' Rules of Order on matters not specified in the bylaws.
– Article 5. Officers and Elections:
– Section I. The officers shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and
– Section 11. Nominations:
Nominations of officers shall be made by a nominating committee appointed by the president in March. Every member will be contacted by the nominating committee and asked if they are interested in running for President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer or Membership Officer. The officers will be elected in May, with further nominations from the floor allowed. New officers shall take over in September and at a convenient time in August outgoing officers will turn over their records and materials to the new officers.
– Section 111. Officers may serve one to two years consecutively.
– Article 6. Duties of Officers.
– Section I. President
The president shall preside at the meetings of the Guild and the Board of Directors; and shall perform such duties as pertain to the office and shall be ex- officio member of all standing committees.
– Section Il. Vice-President
The vice-president shall perform all the duties of the president in the absence of the president and shall act as program chairperson.
– Section 111. Secretary
The secretary shall keep a permanent record of each meeting of the Guild and of the meetings of the Board of Directors, and send out al necessary notices to members, and conduct correspondence of the Guild as needed.
– Section IV. Treasurer
The treasurer shall receive all funds of the Guild to be deposited in a commercial bank account to be held in the name of the Guild at a local bank and keep account of all transactions. Checks shall be signed by either the treasurer or the president.
– Section V. Membership Officer
The membership officer shall be the welcoming committee, do introductions, have a welcome packet ready and in general, meet and greet the new people.
– Article 7. Board of Directors:
– Section I.
The Board of Directors shall be all officers and the chairperson of each standing committee. The Board shall conduct all business of the Guild subject to the approval of the membership.
– Section Il. A meeting of the Board may be called by the president at any time.
– Section Ill. Three (3) members of the Board shall constitute a quorum.
– Section IV. Vacancies
Vacancies in elected offices shall be filled by election if of the year remains; if less than of the year remains, vacancies shall be filled by the Board of Directors.
– Article 8. Standing Committees:
– Section I.
Each committee shall have a chairperson appointed by the president. New committees shall be created by the Board of Directors as may be required.
– Section Il.
Show Chairperson is to organize the Quilt Show and appoint chair people of show committees.
– Article 9. Amendments:
– These by-laws may be amended at any regular meeting by a quorum present and voting, provided notice of the proposed amendment has been given at a previous meeting.
– Amended April 12, 2007—Article 5, Section I.
– Amended November 12, 2009—Article 5, Section Il.
– Dated November 2009